Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Review from Leda Nix (Mother of the Bride) Valerie Nix & Ben Friske's Wedding/Reception on 1.7.2012

Review from Leda Nix (Mother of the Bride)

When my daughter became engaged. I wondered how in the world we would plan a wedding with her living in Oklahoma and me living in Africa!! Choosing the place was an easy decision at Walnut Creek Chapel. Little did I realize how much of a blessing this choice would be. From the very first meeting when I couldn't be there, Charlotte began to help our daughter Valerie take care of the myriad of details that go into planning a wedding. She helped with recommendations and setting up appointments with the photographer, cake person, and caterer. As the wedding got closer, she helped Valerie think through and plan all the other details, the music, decorations, order of the service and reception, the DJ and limousine. When I arrived a month before the wedding, we met and went over all the plans that had been made and other details yet to be taken care of. The day of the rehearsal, Charlotte and her other employees were there to help us with all the last minute details. When we needed a pair of scissors, a safety pin, a piece of tape, whatever it was, they had it. There were a couple of things that I didn't have time to do, so I had planned to do them when I got to the chapel the day of the wedding. But, when I got there, they had already been done by the WC helpers! Then, during the wedding and reception, they were all right there, making sure that everything went smoothly, from the bridal party getting dressed and to the right places at the right time to the guests being comfortable, from the sound system being adjusted just right to keeping the candy bar stocked, from the service flowing seamlessly to the reception program. I feel sure that there were a myriad of other details that they took care of that I didn't even notice, as that is how it is with people who are really good at this work, they get it all done behind the scenes with what seems like no effort. I can't recommend Walnut Creek Wedding Chapel enough! Not only is it a beautiful setting for a wedding and reception, but the owners and their employees are wonderful. Thanks again for everything.

No comments: